Saturday, 22 January 2011

FLACK: a run for your money

click to go to Diane's JustGiving page
Hello!

My name is Diane Morrison. I have been volunteering with FLACK for several months and have become part of the furniture there. It's been an amazing experience and long may it continue.

I run quite a respectable 45-50 miles per week and decided that I should put my running obsession to good use. I'm running the Bedford Clanger Marathon on the 6th of February to raise money for FLACK. I'm hoping to beat my rookie London Marathon time (2008) ofind Bedford Clanger event details at Runner's Worldf 3 hrs 45 minutes. I have run 2 half marathons since then, running the last one in 1 hour 41 minutes.

Why am I fundraising for FLACK?

FLACK is 'more than a magazine' because it's a new outlook, a new way of producing a magazine. People who have experienced homelessness contribute in all sorts of ways, writing articles, producing art work, proofing, brain storming, and giving very valuable feedback. FLACK's uniqueness lies in its grass roots nature; there is no hierarchy or sense of 'them and us'. Everyone who's involved is equal. FLACK is a chance for people to use their creativity and be involved in an extremely positive project which helps people individually and raises the public profile of homelessness. It also challenges stereotypes about homeless people, showing the high quality and creative brilliance that our contributors are capable of.

Please help me to support the work of FLACK by visiting my fundraising page at www.justgiving.com/Diane-Morrison.

Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity and make sure Gift Aid is reclaimed on every eligible donation by a UK taxpayer. So it’s the most efficient way to donate - I raise more, whilst saving time and cutting costs for the charity.

So please dig deep and donate now.

Thank You.

Diane Morrison


click to go to FLACK's homepage
NB FLACK was set up last year as a replacement for the Willow Walker, a Cambridge magazine for homeless and vulnerably-housed people - Ed.

No comments:

Post a Comment