'One Day in June...'
A Carnival of the Arts
Sunday 19 June 10.30am-4.30pm
Performance - * - Exhibitions - * - Workshops - * - Entertainment
Live Music - Circus - Dance
T-Shirt Printing - Painting - Storytelling
Drama - Village Walks - Poetry
Crafts - Produce - Teas
Ludlow Green (opposite the War Memorial)
The Fulbourn Centre, Home End
A fun-filled day for everyone
Live Music from
- Fruity Clave - brilliant Samba to open the celebrations
- D'amusica in The Fulbourn Centre
- Talking in Tune - join the singing workshops and performance with Rowena Whitehead in the Fulbourn Centre. Rowena will also be doing a day of singing workshops with classes at Fulbourn Primary School on 17 June.
- Whiteacre Winds - concert at St Vigor's Church at 5.00pm
- Join Cambridge Community Circusand learn juggling, plate spinning, diabolo and other gravity-defying feats (Ludlow Green & workshops in The Centre)
- Join Peter Cornwell in History off the Page in the storyteller's tent. Immerse yourself in the story of the falling of the church tower & other tales of Fulbourn past (Ludlow Green)
- Excersise your creative side and join poets for a writing workshop at The Swifts, Haggis Gap: email firstname.lastname@example.org to book in advance
- Design & print your own T-shirt with artist Ricki Outis in the Artivan. (Bring your own plain white cotton T-shirt or buy on the day.)
- Paint banners and bunting with textile artist Deanna Tyson.
- Buy from arts, crafts & local produce stalls.
- join jenny Culank from Classworks Theatre Company for a workshop based around local stories (14+ in The Fulbourn Centre)
- Enjoy 'An Introduction to Musical Theatre' workshop, suitable for all with Splitz Theatre Arts
- Join dancer Lucy Crowe for an exciting introduction to Hip-Hop
- Learn about the way that Fulbourn used to be - its shops and pubs - through exhibition and film from Fulbourn Village History Society
- Join Tony Goodall for an exploratory walk around the village
- All day refreshments at The Fulbourn Centre
- Bar open
- Delicious teas, coffees & cakes from Fulbourn W.I.
There is ample car-parking at The Fulbourn Centre, Ludlow Lane. Please try not to park along the lane by Ludlow Green War Memorial.
Toilets are in The Fulbourn Centre and at The Swifts, Haggis Gap.
'One Day in June' is organised by Fulbourn Arts, a local organisation run by local people to promote arts events in the village. Our aim is to encourage artistic activity of all kinds in Fulbourn - dance, drama, literature, music and opportunities for the whole community to participate in the arts and constantly seek out opportunities that will enable local people to experience high-quality art and performance, increase and develop skills and creativity - and, most importantly, enjoy themselves!
We would welcome ideas for future projects and would particularly like to hear from local people whose skills, experience or simply enthusiasm might benefit others. Contact email@example.com to find out more, join the mailing list or list your event.
Whilst we have taken every care to ensure that the day runs smoothly and safely, we cannot guarantee that all events will run exactly as planned and some workshops may not be suitable for all. Visitors to 'One Day in June' should hold themselves responsible for their own safety and Fulbourn Arts cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to personal property or personal injury or accident.
A huge thank you to all those individuals and organisations who have contributed to and participated in the day, particularly to our sponsors, Vital Communities. So many have given so much for so little personal reward! Thank you all for making 'One Day in June' such a success.